C photo credit to the owner.
27th September, 2017
JUSTICE ISA AYO SALAMI, OFR HEADS NJC COMMITTEE ON LOOTERS’ TRIAL
The National Judicial Council (NJC) under the chairmanship of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Hon. Mr. Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen (GCON) has approved the establishment of the Corruption and Financial Crime Cases Trial Monitoring Committee (COTRIMCO) to be headed by Hon. Justice Ayo Isa Salami (OFR) retired President of the Court of Appeal.2. The decision was taken on Wednesday at the 82nd meeting of the Council.3. The body which has 15 members will operate from the Council Secretariat.
4. The Members include:-
Hon. Justice Isa Ayo Salami, OFR
Hon. Justice Kashim Zannah (OFR),
Chief Judge, Borno State
Hon. Justice P.O. Nnadi,
Chief Judge, Imo State
Hon. Justice Marsahal Umukoro,
Chief Judge Delta State
Hon. Justice M. L. Abimbola,
Chief Judge, Oyo State
Mr. A.B Mahmoud OON, SAN,
President, Nigerian Bar Association,
Chief Wole Olanipekun OFR SAN,
Former NBA President
Mr. Olisa Agbakoba OON SAN,
Mr. J.B Daudu SAN,
Mr. Augustine Alegeh SAN,
Dr. Garba Tetengi SAN,
Mrs. R.I Inga
Representative, Non-Governmental Organisations
Representative, Ministry of Justice
Representative, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN).
Secretary NJC, Gambo Saleh
5. The Committee’s primary functions include;
Regular monitoring and evaluation of proceedings at designated courts for financial and economic crimes nationwide;
Advising the Chief Justice of Nigeria on how to eliminate delay in the trial of alleged corruption cases;
Giving feedback to the Council on progress of cases in the designated courts, conduct background checks on judges selected for the designated courts; and
Evaluating the performance of the designated courts.
6. It will be recalled that the Chief Justice of Nigeria in his speech at the Special Session of the Supreme Court of Nigeria to mark the commencement of the 2017/2018 Legal Year, emphasized on the concerns expressed by members of the public on the very slow speed with which corruption cases were being heard or determined by the Court.7. Consequently, he directed all Heads of Courts to compile and forward to the Council, comprehensive lists of all corruption and financial crime cases being handled by their various Courts.8. He also directed them to designate in their various jurisdictions one or more Courts, as Special Courts solely for the purpose of hearing and speedily determining corruption and financial crimes cases.9. The Supreme Court of Nigeria and the Court of Appeal were equally directed to fix special date in each week for hearing and determining appeals from such cases.10. The Committee is expected to drive the Council’s new policy on anti-corruption war.
Soji Oye, Esq.
for : SECRETARY
Ben…This is Big Time Goofing, and just in case the above is as reported, you seem to have forgotten those beautiful and brilliant days when your Silverbird Organisation used to import those American Entertainers / Music Stars to Nigeria?
One of the criteria was based on their popularity…Ben, there is never a strand of ingenius in realising / knowing that entertainers the world over are bound to be popular, and as a matter of fact, more popular as a result of the popularity of their vocation / trade.
You sure remember how popular Shalamar, The Fantastic Voyage guys, Skyy, etc…etc when you brought them over? Was the President then as popular?
Now, and on the political front, now we have a Leadership in President Buhari, doing all…yes, all he can to right the unimaginable wrongs and unbelievable damage unleashed on Nigeria by that ultra-supra senselessly incorrigibly super useless party that incinerated every good and goodness Nigeria represents over a period of 16 years, and inclusive is the 6 years of Stealing and Looting regime of that Ineffectual Buffoon, your kinsman?, and only for you to be talking total rubbish!
People and Leaders such as the President Buharis of this world don’t come seeking for popularity. They know they have to step on toes. They discover they have to displease friends and foes to effect essential changes. They don’t seek for adulations. They even have discovered they sometimes have to pay the price they never bargained for. All for the sake of the country.
Go and check history, and now too, just in case you have forgotten. Leaders such as President Buhari are often found to be popular after long gone. They sacrifice all…while alive.
“I am an accomplished man long before any appointment. I am not a ‘‘come and chop’’ politician like you lot.
My loyalty is to the President and not to the party which has continued to fail under the leadership of Chief John Odigie-Oyegun.
“To start with, I am not a ‘come and chop’ person as you are. I did not come to ‘chop’; so the party is not doing me a favour. You are the ones that have come to ‘chop’.
“Secondly, my criticism of APC is not against President Buhari who I think is a man of great honour, integrity and whom I admire and who inspires me.
“I took this job because of Buhari and Osinbajo, who I admire greatly. The people I am referring to in my criticism are John Odigie-Oyegun and one Bolaji Abdullahi, who is (Senate President Bukola) Saraki’s Man Friday. They are dining with the devil who wants to destroy the party.
“They are appeasers, who are acting the way (former) British Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, appeased Adolf Hitler and in the process, they will destroy the party because they are weak and unable to confront evil and they will end up helping that Hitler to destroy the party.
“What is APC without Buhari, Osinbajo and Tinubu? The Oyegun-led executive, which is doing a policy of appeasement, will destroy the party.”
~ Prof Itse Sagay
The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born…
Kneeling protests spread amid Trump’s feud with athletes: Stevie Wonder kneels ‘for America’ at Central Park gig – and Oakland A’s catcher becomes the first baseball player to take a knee during the national anthem
- An Oakland Athletics baseball player became the first major leaguer to take a knee during the national anthem on Saturday
- Bruce Maxwell knelt as he held his baseball cap against the left side of his torso during the national anthem before his team’s game at the Oakland Coliseum
- In New York, pop music legend Stevie Wonder began his appearance at a concert in Central Park by dropping down to one knee ‘for America’
Photo Credit to the Owner.
The UN Secretary General, Mr Ban Ki-Moon has praised President Buhari on the anti-corruption war, declaring…